Hi,

Now the transparent encoding conversion is disabled by default, and so is
the function overloading. And the extension is not likely to cause any harm
to other tests; recently some test failures related to output handlers were
reported in fact, but the problem have been properly avoided.

Then why do we even have to continue the same discussion? Is it the big deal
how many people use mbstring? Now mbstring is not just for CJK people,
because it also offers numerous unicode functionality. mb_convert_case(),
contributed by Wez, is one of the examples.

Besides I wonder why such dangerousness has not been warned up to now if
that's the case.

Moriyoshi