Nick Loman wrote:

Well, that's cool then! Why not simply include all this stuff with PHP
rather than supporting the flawed ISAPI that it currently is packaged
with?
4.3 the windows cgi binary is compiled with fastcgi support. I'm going to be testing the fastcgi on osx this week once I get things building correctly, so that should allow easy building of the cgi/fcgi binary on osx and linux.

fastcgi itself is not php specific, and is supported from fastcgi.com.

It's not the isapi plugin itself that is at fault, and likely not too much of the core is a problem, it is the state of thread safety in the extensions and third party libraries that are used in php. It's also a lack of good mt testing facilities. And for those who dont care about isapi, face it, you'll have the same exact problems with apache 2 mpm.

Shane