On Mon, 25 Nov 2002 23:29:11 +0100 Daniel Lorch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> You're right. We should think about writing a colorful GUI for PHP, so scripts just
> can be clicked together. Oh, and it definitively should support skins..

That isn't really a topic, and there are projects that work on it
already.

> I can absolutely understand your argumentation (which you forgot to CC to the list,
> by the way) and being a regular to PHP-DE (german PHP users mailinglist), I am also
> in touch with people you described. But what's wrong about just HREF'ing to the
> manual, which is localized anyway?

wrong is:

1. Internet connection. For instance, 1 sec or 5 mins online are oten
same for many dial-ups - many will hesitate clicking their own errors :)

2. Speed for the connection

3. Many use downloaded manuals and want to find it there instead

> The only thing we are endlessly quarrelling^H^H
> ^H^H^H^H^H discussing about is whether we want to add localized error messages,
> yes?

yes.

> Ok, simple question: Who would be (theoretically) willing to write AND maintain
> the appropriate code?

I would!

+111 from me.

--