"Ilia A." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote... :

> On November 25, 2002 09:22 pm, Maxim Maletsky wrote:
> > >
> > > Meaning that you will be applying the locale logic in real time? Have you
> > > considered what kind of performance degradation this will entail?
> >
> > Of course it will. But, this is an option, so one can localize them if
> > wishes. Like in cases when you want English while your co-workers use
> > another language and you cannot change the main php settings
> >

> If my co-workers and I cannot communicate in the same language we will
> probably go our separate ways within a week. Afterall, how can we work
> together if we don't have a common language between us.
> By the way, could you please advise by how much I will need to increase the
> power of my server(s) to maintain the same level of performance?

nah... not really. I, at work, have my OS, keyboard and everything else
set in en-us, while everyone else in Italian. Of course - this is the
Ministry of Economy and Finance of Italy :)

This is not the point yet. A team sets the language in php.ini, who
needs it different can alter it.

> > XML is what I think would be the best for the whole thing of managing
> > errors. It could be integrated into the docs, parallelly translated into
> > multiple language, adding extra flexibility and features growth. This
> > can be also useful for modifying errors for users themselves if they
> > wish to.
> >

> It would probably flexible solution, but terribly complex.

Why? Having to only pass numbers in error and one XML file to edit is
not *that* complex. Whole PHP internals is complex itself, if for that.

> Let's consider the
> process, a developer decides to add sanity check with a warning. They write
> the code and now need to modify an XML file with an error message, reference
> the XML entry from their code. Commit all this to CVS and hope they did not
> messup.

Yup.

> Also, how and when XML parsing will be merged inserted into C code? Won't you
> be adding an XML parser decency to PHP?

This is something to have discussed. I am definitely not the best guy to
know what is better for this case. My only point is this:

ERROR STRINGS **OUT** OF THE C CODE!

Then, whether we use XML or not is another topic.

--
Maxim Maletsky
[EMAIL PROTECTED]