Jan Schneider schrieb:
> I know this thread is ridden to death but I want to add
> one argument for
> completeness: If the cgi's name will be changed,
> thousands of administrators
> need to fix their servers. But if the cli's name will be
> changed thousands
> of "end users" of php cli scripts will have to change the
> scripts' shebang line.
>
> I have no idea if there are more administrators who have
> to care about php
> cgi or users who use php cli. But at least the first
> group will have less
> problems fixing the name change than the latter.

PHP-CLI was experimental so far, so anyone who uses it has to be aware
of any changes that can happen. PHP-CGI is very far from being
experimental. I have no problem with all that renaming thing, but if we
rename the CGI-PHP to php-cgi we should do it with php5, because more
people will realize that a lot of things change between 4.x and 5.x.
For psychological numbering-reasons people don't see any change between
4.2 and 4.3.

Regards, Sebastian Nohn
--
[EMAIL PROTECTED] - http://nohn.net/