> And no, PHP under Windows is rock solid as a CGI, so "they're already used
> to having problems" approach doesn't apply (it wouldn't have applied either
> way in my opinion, as having problems is not a reason to add another
> problem, but still).

Just as a note to this, under windows using PHP as a CGI is actually ideal when
you're not serving high traffic stuff, like for example the company intranet, or
a small extranet.  PHP is heavily used for such purposes, and you most likely won't
run into a bottleneck from forking php in these cases.

-Sterling