At 04:06 PM 1/24/2003 -0800, Rasmus Lerdorf wrote:
>     5. Looking at Linux's syscall implementation and implementing
>     the good ideas in FreeBSD.

Well yes, but fixing the os is pretty drastic.  For now I will be patching
things here to short-circuit all that stuff, but I think it is also
something we should look at in general for PHP.

As for numbers, I basically doubled the req/sec rate of a box by
eliminating a bunch of system calls caused by include_path and
open_basedir stat'ing, so in my particular situation here eliminating as
many syscalls as I can is having a direct effect.
What OS are you running on? Are you running over NFS?

Andi