On Fri, 7 Mar 2003, Jean-Michel Dault wrote:

> I maintain PHP for Mandrake Linux, and I try to ship a bug-free PHP.

bug-free doesn't exist :)

> That is, if there were some showstopper bugs that were not corrected in
> 4.3.1, I take the bugfixes from CVS and apply them.

If you want to do that, then just use the latest stable CVS snapshot...

> My concern is: php-bugs always says "This bug is fixed in CVS", then I
> have to look through php-cvs and try to find what changes were made
> concerning that specific bug.
>
> Is there a better way? Is there a special CVS command to show the diffs
> on a changelog entry?

Nope, there is no command for that.

> Would something like bugs.php.net/patches with a list of all closed bugs
> and their corresponding diffs be thinkable?

It wont be practicle... it means another extra step for the devs and it
will sometimes be forgotten... I don't think it's a good idea as you can
always see the CVS commits on the php-cvs@ list anyway.

Derick

--
                                        "my other box is your windows PC"