> is there any chance that we can revert this annoying feature?
> The translated documentation is always behind and partly lacks
> important information from the english version. I want to read
> the documentation in english (and I am not the only one). This
> is only possible if I change the url after all searches to /en/
> The site should at least be so intelligent to search in the
> /en/ part of the manual if I search from an /en/ page.

Well, this is absolutely a bug, and it was of course thought
about. When I introduced this feature, it worked exactly the way
Stephan would like to see it. If you explicitly specified the
language (by viewing a manual page in a language or passing a
lang=code parameter in the URL, it was carried on in the search
form). I have enhanced the detection code however at the weekend
to cope with Safari (Apple's new browser), and forgot to check
that this feature still works. So I introduced a bug. I cannot
correct this bug now (I don't have a CVS excutable our a valid
checkout here), but you can do so, by replacing:

if (!isset($explicitly_specified))

with

if (empty($explicitly_specified))

[This is because I have changed the defaults]

Please do so, and the bug will be fixed, and the explicitly
specified langauges will absolutely override the accept
language setting again.

Goba