> is there any chance that we can revert this annoying feature?
> The translated documentation is always behind and partly lacks
> important information from the english version. I want to read
> the documentation in english (and I am not the only one). This
> is only possible if I change the url after all searches to /en/
> The site should at least be so intelligent to search in the
> /en/ part of the manual if I search from an /en/ page.

This is fixed now, and works again the way it was before the
weekend (if you explicitly specify a language with being on a
manual page in a language, or using the search page with a language
parameter, that language is carried on).

We do have language specification abilities in URL shortcuts, which
is the short term solution, while I (or someone else) add the
language cookie support. See http://php.net/urlhowto

Goba