On 07/05/2016 12:57 PM, Paul Jones wrote:
Dear Voting Representatives,

*snip*

As such, you can see that the complaint appeals to only one portion of "the PHP
Community" -- perhaps a portion with which the complainants themselves identify. But
there is another substantial portion, maybe as much as half, to whom the complaint does
not appeal. This, along with the comments of those who see little-to-nothing
objectionable revealed by the evidence raised against me, should give you reason enough
to vote *against* my removal.

*snip*

With that, I leave the fate of my status as a Voting Representative in your
hands. Regardless of the result, I thank you for your time and attention.

Paul, while I am glad you finally responded I find your response extremely disappointing.

Let's take your own numbers at face value: 70-ish people expressing an opinion, split roughly half and half on whether your behavior is problematic and detrimental to FIG.

Your response to that is to say "well, only 50% of people hate me and they're probably all of a kind, so you shouldn't vote for my removal."

That is, in fewer words, the entire thrust of your post.

Several of the people that have spoken out that your behavior is problematic have said they do *not* want you kicked out for it, they want the problem addressed. That is something that cannot happen without your involvement. The *only* possible resolutions that do not involve you are "do nothing" or "throw the bum out". By refusing to engage at all, those are the only possible ways this can end.

Let me reiterate: Even taking your own "numbers" at face value (and a numbers game is a horrible way to deal with social problems), where you argue "only half of people hate me, so do nothing", I see "Yeesh, half of those involved think Paul is a problem".

Yet you do not even acknowledge or recognize their complaint. Not once in your post did you indicate even recognition that there may actually be an issue; instead, you reduce the entire problem to "us vs. them, 50/50 let the ban battle sort it out".

If 50% of your colleagues think there's a problem with your behavior, it is an act of extreme hubris to not even entertain the possibility that, just maybe, there's something to it.

For the sake of those who have said they do NOT want you kicked out but still want the situation addressed, can you address the actual issue in the slightest? Can you, as Angie suggested, demonstrate any level of self-awareness or self-reflection? Do you have any interest in working WITH people who don't want you removed?

Or are you content to ignore and dismiss the dozen+ people who have said they have a problem with your behavior but don't want you removed over it?

The holier-than-thou, "your concerns are beneath me" attitude you're taking here is exactly what people have a problem with.

--Larry Garfield