On Wednesday, July 6, 2016 at 3:14:42 PM UTC-5, Lukas Kahwe Smith wrote:

[snip]

> I confirmed with Michael before I did the first post in this thread that
> according to him offlist attempts at resolving this was in fact made. I
> stated this with the first post in this thread. I repeated this once more
> when someone else wondered about the same thing and Angie mentioned it
> again in our post today that this has been confirmed by me via Michael
> (though it was not confirmed by Paul who might have a different point of
> view).
>
> I saw several posts that either assumed no such attempt was made or were
> unsure if it was done. Short of creating an FAQ for this thread I am unsure
> how we can ensure that such vital information is known to every one
> engaging in this thread.

Did anyone pick up a telephone, call Paul, and say "Hey, we need to talk
about the FIG.  I'm feeling that your style of writing is detrimental to
the group, and personally affects me in a negative way.  How can we work
this out?"

If you contacted Paul off list in an attempt to resolve this, would you be
so kind as to state that you did so, via what means, and how it went?

I think that would tell us more than speculation as to motives and meaning
based on parsing the vagaries of the written English grammar in this forum.

That's my 2 posts for the day, more than I planned.