We previously attempted to upgrade a few PSRs to PHP 7, in stages per bylaw.
However, we discovered through experimentation with PSR-13 and others that the
upgrades would be a lot easier if we jumped straight to PHP 8, thanks to its
more robust type support.  (Specifically, string|\Stringable and return static.)

PHP 8 is now here, so let's get back to it.

Here are the re-upped PSR-13 PRs to add modern typing.  This requires a 2/3 CC
vote, I believe.  Today begins the 2 week discussion period, although since
that puts the vote starting smack in the middle of everyone's Christmas holiday
I will likely not call the vote to start until early January.  There is still
the bikeshedding around whether these are 1.1/2.0 or 2.0/3.0, for which I do
not have enough energy to really give a damn either way.

The vote would be to accept all 3 PRs and tag accordingly.

Step 1: https://github.com/php-fig/link/pull/6
Step 2: https://github.com/php-fig/link/pull/7
Spec: https://github.com/php-fig/fig-standards/pull/1199

--