We've been talking about "living specs" for a long time.  Let's finally define
a process for that:

https://github.com/php-fig/fig-standards/pull/1235

I won't resummarize it here, as the issue already does so.

My expectation is that out of the gate, we'd see something like this:

* PER-CodingStandards (uses PSR-12 as a basis, updating it for each new PHP
release.)
* PER-Cache Utils (maintains the cache-util and simplecache-util libraries.)
* PER-HTTP (maintains the various PSR-7/15/17/18 util libraries.)
* PER-DocBlocks (would replace PSR-19, the tag library, but NOT PSR-5, the
parsing rules, which still need to get finished.)

And should we decide that a "type library" (enums, etc.) is a reasonable thing
for us to do, it would get its own PER as well.

Discuss.

--
  Larry Garfield
  la...@garfieldtech.com