From: DELAP, SCOTT F (SBCSI) [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, February 01, 2001 2:20 PM
To: Benjamin Munoz; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [PHP] contracting & consulting (was "[PHP] Pricing for PHP
programming???")

Just some thoughts on this topic.   I've ran a web development business for
6 years.  I've seen demand for PHP grow exponentially in recent months.
However, it still isn't anywhere near where it could be.  I think the new
Zend Products will help corporate acceptance and job growth.  Right now when
I look at sites like monster, hotjobs, guru.com, etc. there are few php
listings.  It is hard for clients looking explicitly for good php talent to
find it easily.  We used to get a number of good leads every month off of
PHPBuilder.com's job board.   However, it was taken down in recent months at
parent company internet.com's request.  I think we need a central site where
people looking for contract work and full time employment positions can come
and post jobs related to php.  If anyone has a good domain idea or one
already bought, I'd be glad to work with them on such a site.  This type of
site would need to be pushed by the community if they want to benefit from
it.  Just putting a job board up and letting it sit won't do the trick.

Scott Delap
SBC Services, Inc.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
314-235-6216