'Boget, Chris' wrote:

> > Don't bother with checking the HTTP_REFERER - it can be easily forged.
> > There is a very simple solution to this problem -- validate the data from
> > the form!
> [snip]
> > You should be doing this anyway, since who knows what the user could
> > type in your input box. Nevermind if somebody makes a copy of your
> > form. Never never never trust the client.
>
> I'm already doing this.  However, if I have a hidden variable containing
> a value of the current user I'm working with, that value can be changed
> to something else and it would pass the test.  However, I need to find a
> way to determine if something like that has happened.  That's where my
> description of what I was thinking of doing came from.

Well, anything you get back from the client will be as GET variables, I
think.  So, if your forms only use POST variables, and you've turned on
track_vars, then you can get your variables through $HTTP_POST_VARS()
like $foo=$HTTP_POST_VARS('foo');  If I'm wrong on this, I'm sure
someone will let me know.

--
Curt Seeliger
OAO Corporation, EPA/WED contractor