"Boget, Chris" wrote:

> > > This would require a form for every link and that was something I
> > > illustrated earlier as one of the possibilities I had come
> > > up with.  But it was a possibility that I was trying to avoid...
> > No, you could do following:
> > <a
> > href="javascript:document.myForm.action='theLink';document.myF
> > orm.submit();">Click here</a>
> > ...for each link. And you'd have one single form.
>
> It couldn't be that generic because as I pointed out in my initial email,
> each link can have a variable number of GET variables and not all of
> them would have the same name (though, some would).

Then you'd have to insert hidden fields for all possible variables in
the form.

> > BTW. In you first email you wrote: "plan they are pushing is
> > to make our site(s) free of all GET variables".
> > Who are "they"?
>
> My superiors.

I bet they have nothing better to do than to say: "What are those funny
characters next to the internet address? We don't like them. They don't
let our site look seriously. And we _are_ a very serious company. They
must diappear right away!!"

Robert