At 10:56 AM 3/5/01 -0600, John Henckel wrote:
 >1. open mytest.php and when the password prompt appears, I enter a userid/password.
>2. I see the "Hello" page with my userid and password.
>3. close IE and reopen mytest.php, again the prompt appears -- this is good.
>4. close IE and Restart Windows.
>5. open mytest.php and when the password prompt appears, I hit CANCEL.
>6. the message "Sorry you are not authorized" appears
>7. in the address box I type www.google.com and wait for it to appear
>8. I press the BACK button and guess what I see?  I see the "Hello" page with my
>userid and password from step 2 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!  apparently the page is retrieved from
>the browser cache.

This is exactly one of the things I was complaining about: It is NOT a browser cache
issue - it still remembers your username and password, and will continue to send it
with page requests.  This happens when you hit "cancel" on the new password prompt.
You'd think it would forget the username and password at this point, but it doesn't.
You have to clear the password field and hit OK.  Crazy, huh?

- Ken