On Tue, Mar 06, 2001 at 09:27:55AM +0100, Matthieu Le Corre wrote:
> I try to have the php ldap functions working with SSL ,
> but when the code is executed the apache child die !!!
> is there anyone with that working

Works fine for me. I know one other person with the same problem as you.
He also tried with ldapsearch from OpenLDAP 2.0.7 and it crashed, so it
seems to be an OpenLDAP problem. Perhaps you should try that as well,
just use ldapsearch as usual, but use -H "ldaps://host" rather than
-hhost. It then does the same as PHP does, and the result seems to be
the same.

In his case, the bug seems to be SASL related. I'm not using SASL and
it works. So I advise you to try to compile 2.0.7 without SASL libraries,
and try ldapsearch then. I don't know what platform you have, but ldd
might show you which libraries your current ldapsearch uses. See also
the thread "can't connect to secure LDAP server" on the openldap-software
list.

If it crashes, it would be good if you reported the bug at
http://www.OpenLDAP.org/its/. Please try to give as much debug info
as possible. gdb might help you. In case you don't know how to use
gdb, here's some info.

First execute "gdb ldapsearch". You should use the unstripped
ldapsearch (openldap-2.0.7/clients/tools/ldapsearch in the source tree).
Then on the gdb prompt "(gdb)" type
"set args -H ldaps://nwserver.mydomain.com ..." (same arguments as
on the command line), and then type run. You should then get some
info about where it crashes. When it crashes, type the gdb command
"bt". The output will help people know where it crashed. That should
be in your bug report.

I've assumed a few things here. If your not using OpenLDAP or
ldapsearch doesn't crash, the problem is something else.

Stig