Hum the ldapsearch work fine !!!
with the command : ldapsearch -x -H "ldaps://xxxxx.xxxx.xx:636"
I have got a possitive response from server !
and I don't use SASL ...
really don't know why is don't work with php !!!

my box : RH7 KDE2
        Apache 1.3.17
        php 4.04 pl1
        mod_ssl-2.8.0-1.3.17
        openssl-devel-0.9.6-1
        openssl-0.9.6-1
        openldap-devel-2.0.7-11
        openldap-2.0.7-2
        openldap-clients-2.0.7-12

Le Mardi  6 Mars 2001 09:53, vous avez écrit :
> On Tue, Mar 06, 2001 at 09:27:55AM +0100, Matthieu Le Corre wrote:
> > I try to have the php ldap functions working with SSL ,
> > but when the code is executed the apache child die !!!
> > is there anyone with that working
>
> Works fine for me. I know one other person with the same problem as you.
> He also tried with ldapsearch from OpenLDAP 2.0.7 and it crashed, so it
> seems to be an OpenLDAP problem. Perhaps you should try that as well,
> just use ldapsearch as usual, but use -H "ldaps://host" rather than
> -hhost. It then does the same as PHP does, and the result seems to be
> the same.

                            Matthieu LE CORRE
                       SERVICE INFORMATIQUE
     Ecole Polytechnique de l'Université de Nantes
                        (EPUN)
                            Site de la Chantrerie
                             Rue Christian Pauc
                                    BP 50609