> I thought trim only stripped white space.....?.  $formsave['dob']  is
> session variable.  I have also found now that leading 0's are also
being
> stripped.
>
> foreach($HTTP_POST_VARS as $varname => $value)
>       $formsave[$varname] = trim($value, 50);
>
> If it's not there then the whole script fails.

Why do you have the 50 there in the trim() function? That's what's
causing your problems. You're removing all fives and zeros from the
beginning and end of your string, along with any white space.

---John W. Holmes...

PHP Architect - A monthly magazine for PHP Professionals. Get your copy
today. http://www.phparch.com/