From: Tony Crockford [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, June 04, 2003 4:13 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Php. Net
Subject: RE: [PHP] Re: Using register_globals

On this topic, could anyone point me to a good tutorial on how to
convert from sloppy code that assumes register_globals is on to good,
secure code that assumes register_globals is off.

something that covers what to look for and what to change it to would be
a great help.

I've been learning by working with someone else's (we bought it) code
and it won't run with register_globals off and I'd like it too.

it makes use of sessions (an area I'm still struggling with) and passes
a lot of variables from form to form, sometimes with post and sometimes
with get.

any suggestions would be much appreciated.

I looked at the manual and googled a lot, but can't find a plain english
guide to doing it right!

Thanks

Tony