>I often receive email from commercial sites (e.g. ZDnet) that looks like
>a Web page.  How can I do that with Sendmail in PHP?

The man page for "mail" gives an example of it.

http://www.php.net/mail

It's just one "$header" line, stating HTML, then the rest of your message
should be in HTML:

<h1>Hello Todd!</h1>

Of course I recommend spacing out your HTML so that people without HTML
capabilities can still make good sense of it.