CZ> * Thus wrote [EMAIL PROTECTED] ([EMAIL PROTECTED]):
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have to convince one guy to not move our site from Linux box where
>> it runs with Apache/PHP + MySQL to Windows box where it's going to deal
>> with Windows 2k/IIS/PHP(CGI) + MySQL and I need really good arguments,
>> cause it's only way I can convince him (cause his position in company
>> is much stronger than mine).

>> I know that PHP under windows is intended to be used only as test
>> platform, but this is not enough to convince him.

CZ> Perhaps back when php3 was new and apache was strugling with windows,
CZ> it was considered test platform.

Maybe, I just remembered that warning and actually I can't find such
one in PHP manual/installation notes.
Does the same apply to MySQL?

>> Can you help me? I need some reasons like things that won't work under
>> windows version of PHP (or at least MySQL) and that are not easy to
>> fix. I've already found that IIS doesn't provide
>> $_SERVER["DOCUMENT_ROOT"] but it's not too much work to fix that..

CZ> Its kind of difficult to come up with reasons not to use IIS without
CZ> knowledge of:

CZ>   1. Who and what experience does he(she) have in administrating these
CZ>      Windows servers.

CZ>   2. What kind of application do you intend write in php.

One of the reasons I (we) don't want to move to Windows and IIS is
that person being administrator of that box knows less than he thinks
he knows ;) and surely server is not well configured and protected..
Beside that site now works on Linux server without any problems and
moving it will cause only pointless work. But moving to IIS is
decision made by someone "above" me so without good reasons against I
can't stop that. And believe me - there is really no need to move to
IIS.

CZ> Curt
CZ> --
CZ> "I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure."

Sebastian