Just forwarding this reply back to the list.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Chris W. Parker" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Peter James" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, July 29, 2003 10:26 AM
Subject: RE: [PHP] debuging and getting mor information about failures

Peter James <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
    on Tuesday, July 29, 2003 9:18 AM said:

> These errors are usually caused by an extra or missing brace or
> quote/apostrophe/backtick.  The best way to find where this is
> happening is to use another error.
[snip]
> This is a very frustrating error message[snip]

It also helps to learn what to look out for. Not to say that I won't
ever have the need, but I've never needed to deliberately introduce one
error just to find another one, especially when it's a syntax error.

The best thing to do is just get used to scanning your lines of code for
proper syntax. Make sure you always have a ; at the end of each
statement, make sure your curly braces line up, etc.

Another thing that be making this error difficult for you to find is
because of your coding style. Your code could possibly be written in
such a way that it doesn't make scanning it too easy therefore making it
hard to find such tiny errors.

hth,
chris.