Robert Cummings <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
    on Wednesday, August 06, 2003 12:27 PM said:

> Your example is ridiculous -- it looks like you want a search egnine
> to properly phrase the question for you.

No it's not and it should be apparent why.

"I'll even search groups.google.com by asking my question in as few
words as possible. Sometimes it works, but sometimes it doesn't"

As you can see here, I explain that I do exactly what you suggest below.

> This works and is more concise and clear: php find a string in a
> string

The reason I noted google didn't know what the heck I was talking about
was because we're assuming the person asking the question (who btw is
not me) wouldn't be able to come up with "php find a string in a
string". That's the whole point! It's not that the person is lazy or
stupid, it's that the person DOESN'T KNOW HOW to ask the question
properly. It takes time to learn to pick out the key words and
understand what's important and what's fluff.

> I rarely answer questions anymore because I find that many
> people want the coders on the PHP mailing list to do their work for
> them because they're too lazy to bother doing some research.

u r such teh 1337 h4x0r. thx 4 playing!

> Also to
> get back to the problem of wording queries wrong in google or
> whatever -- maybe trying a fwe different queries would help.

Of course it would!

In fact I agree so much, I'd rather struggle with a problem for an hour
than ask the list for help.

> Anyways this is all just my humble opinion.

Hardly.

chris.