* Thus wrote Rx ([EMAIL PROTECTED]):
> Theres absolutely no control over session.save_path parameter in php. By
> setting it to every directory he wants, every user can:

You can set the value with
php_admin_value save_path "/tmp"

> 1. (!!!) Absolutely easily generate new sessions with any content for every
> site on server.

prevented with open_basedir. Can you demonstrate how you expect to
do this? Using open_basedir most can also resovle this issue.

> 2. Delete other users sessions by setting gc to 100 and probably legal files
> starting with sess_*.

This might be a valid point if you also mention that if the user
sets gc_maxlifetime to a value of 1  or lower than cache_expire,
and  the gc_probablity at 100.  Although I havn't tested, and
probably should be.

I'm also not sure but technically gc_maxlifetime should never be
lower than cache_expire, if this is the case then there no issues
with setting gc_probablity to 100, cept for a bunch of overhead for
the users script.

> 3. Flood every http server writable directory with thousands or millions
> files.

Don't allow the person to create files. That is the only way to
prevent a user of doing this regardless of the save_path parameter.

> session.save_path should be controlled under open_basedir variable or some
> other mechanism.

Perhaps a better solution would be to have a php.ini setting for
disabling ini settings:

disable_ini session.save_path,session.gc_maxlifetime

Curt
--
"I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure."