Hi,

Friday, September 12, 2003, 9:38:48 AM, you wrote:
TC> Warren -

TC> That works...

TC> http://209.204.172.137/editor/ekit.php

TC> Now the next challenge is to put the value in $text into the HTML editor with some
JavaScript...any suggestions?

TC> Todd

TC> Vail, Warren wrote:

>>There may be other methods, but one that seems to be available from your form will
>>require some JavaScript code.  Clicking the button located below the applet (onclick
>>event), performs an
>>assignment to the textarea.value (located below the button) the result returned from
>>the applet.gettext() method (actual statement below).
>>
>>document.EkitDemoForm.TextViewer.value =
>>document.EkitDemoForm.Ekit.getDocumentText();
>>
>>I would suspect you could to this assignment to a hidden html field and then do a
>>form submit to pass the "hidden" value to your php program on your server.  Don't
>>forget to have your form action
>>field invoke your php program and with method=post you could retrieve the value as
>>below;
>>
>>$htmltext = $_POST["hiddenfld"];
>>
>>hope this helps,
>>
>>Warren Vail

What I do in a similar situation is to pass the data in a hidden field
and then pass that to the java applet. As it is html you will be
passing you have to use rawurlencode($data) in the php script
<?
$data = rawurlencode($data);
?>
In the html part

<form name="form1" action=........>
<input type="hidden" name="data" value="<? echo $data?>">
..

--
regards,
Tom