Thanks to everyone for their responses, though I still have not found a way to get to the conference at a reasonable price (what I consider reasonable).

If anyone has any comments other than justifying the price of the conference, like a friends of php list I can get on so I can attend it would be greatly appreciated. I feel like I would actually add value by being there, not only in supporting my friends who are doing speaking at the conference, but also in helping to evangelize php and help newbies with questions/fud/etc.

Thanks.
Jeremy

Jeremy Brand, B.S. wrote:
Does anyone know a way to attend the PHP|con west as an observer in Santa Clara, CA, US on Oct. 23rd without spending tons of ca$h?

The pricing seems insane, and geared towards people with lots of spare money...

I would love to hear specifically the Advanced track on Oct. 23 (Michael Radwin, Sterling, Thies, George Schlossnagle and JimW), but I'm not going to shell out $495 (the cheapest non-student rate) for it.

Thanks,
Jeremy

--
"Prediction is very difficult, especially of the future."
                                   Niels Bohr