On Mon, 15 Sep 2003 18:22:05 -0700
"Jeremy Brand, B.S." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Thanks to everyone for their responses, though I still have not
> found a way to get to the conference at a reasonable price (what I
> consider reasonable).
>
> If anyone has any comments other than justifying the price of the
> conference, like a friends of php list I can get on so I can
> attend it would be greatly appreciated.  I feel like I would
> actually add value by being there, not only in supporting my
> friends who are doing speaking at the conference, but also in
> helping to evangelize php and help newbies with questions/fud/etc.

These gatherings are most likely for people sponsored by their employers, don't
imagine participants come out of it $500 smarter then they went in. If it makes
you feel good to hang out for 5 minutes with "the big guys" then borrow money and
go, if learning is your goal, a good book and mostly practice will get you there.
I used to read about these RedHat certification 2-3 days sessions for around
$2000, does anyone in his/hers right mind believe he/she can become a Linux system
administrator in 3 days?

> Thanks.
> Jeremy
>

> Jeremy Brand, B.S. wrote:
> > Does anyone know a way to attend the PHP|con west as an observer in
> > Santa Clara, CA, US on Oct. 23rd without spending tons of ca$h?
> >
> > The pricing seems insane, and geared towards people with lots of spare
> > money...
> >
> > I would love to hear specifically the Advanced track on Oct. 23 (Michael
> > Radwin, Sterling, Thies, George Schlossnagle and JimW), but I'm not going
> > to shell out $495 (the cheapest non-student rate) for it.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Jeremy
> >

> --
> "Prediction is very difficult, especially of the future."
>                                     Niels Bohr
> http://www.nirvani.net

Andu