I love editplus, I love homesite and emacs.
I hate Dreamweaver.

I can read code like that not a problem, but for debugging and layout its alot easier for me with the returns and tabs. What I do is I have a script that strips out any space, tabs, carriage returns and then moves the code into the production environment. But really unless you are dealing with hight traffic sites, your not going to see a difference.

From: Marek Kilimajer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Jim Lucas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
CC: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [PHP] PHP Editor - which to use?
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 14:12:04 +0200

I bet you don't indent your code either. And all white characters are useless too, they only slow interpreter down. Good coder will understand this at a glimpse:
if($pos_params!=false){$back_url=substr($HTTP_GET_VARS['origin'],0,$pos_params);$back_url_params=substr($HTTP_GET_VARS['origin'],$pos_params+1);}else{$back_url=$HTTP_GET_VARS['origin'];$back_url_params='';}

Jim Lucas wrote:
I like NoteTab from www.notetab.com

It doesn't do syntax highlighting, but if you need that, then you need to
learn to code better.

And best of all, there is a free version that does most everything the full
priced copy does.

Plus, one added feature is, is that it will allow you to do internal
scripting.

Jim Lucas

----- Original Message ----- From: "jeffrey pearson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>