As a amateur PHP user, I have really enjoyed Komodo 2.5 (been using it since
1.3).  Buy the non-commercial license, it's cheap (I think I paid $24.95)
and ActiveState backs up their products well.  Not a plug for them, but my
experience with them has been good.

Plus, if you want to switch back and forth from Windows to Linux, the
license still applies (I have a dual-boot machine), and the functionality is
the same.

HTH
-Kirk

news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]