Hi, all --

We have some existing code running under php 4.2.3 on a FreeBSD 4.5
server and we just lit up a new php 4.3rc1 FBSD 4.8 server to handle our
growth (yay! :-)

All of our scripts source a central include file which sets lots of
things including some session variables, one of which is $pw.  When you
get to a password-protected page, we check $pw and if it is correct you
continue ahead but if not (either empty or wrong) it's unset and then
you're prompted.  We session.save at the end of the page.

On the first server when you enter the password and hit the button the
page comes back up with $pw set and in you go.  On the second server $pw
is always empty and we are endlessly prompted.

I ran a phpinfo() comparison and didn't see anything markedly different
(except for how the output is formatted, which made things delightfully
more challenging), but I also don't know for what I'm looking.  I also
don't know what other information I should provide, but I'm hesitant to
bomb the list with two phpinfo() outputs :-) so I'll hold off on that
until someone asks for them.

Do you have any pointers to what I hope is a very simple fix?

TIA & HAND

:-D
(play) [EMAIL PROTECTED] * society and not sufficient moral courage.
(work) [EMAIL PROTECTED]  -- Mary Baker Eddy, "Science and Health"