--- Marco Tabini <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> However, we do not share the contents of our cookies with any third
> party, under any circumstances.

I'm no lawyer, but that seems like a risky statement. There are many
circumstances that can cause the contents of the cookies you set to be
disclosed to third parties. It seems like the definition of "sharing" would
come under scrutiny in these situations, which doesn't seem like much defense
to me.

I suppose you're safe as long as you don't willingly or intentionally share
this information yourself, but browser vulnerabilities (such as those found in
IE 4.0, 5.0, 5.5, and 6.0) can allow anyone to view the contents of any cookie.

I doubt I'm telling you anything you don't know, but maybe I'm saying something
that someone doesn't know. :-)

Chris

=====
My Blog