Marco Tabini <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
    on Tuesday, October 21, 2003 1:31 PM said:

> But if the browser causes the information to leak, we did not share
> (or disclose) it--the user did, through action or inaction (e.g.: not
> patching his or her browser).
>
> Your bank won't share your money with anybody else, but if you take
> the money out and someone robs you outside the branch, they're not
> going to refund you...

Actually it's more like the bank storing your money in a safe with glass
walls.

Sure the bank "stored" it, and stored it "securely" (it was behind glass
wasn't it?) but someone could easily break the glass and steal all the
money.

The argument from the customer would be "The company I put my trust in
did not take all the precautions possible to protect me and I think they
misrepresented the security of my data. If they had told me there are
flaws in my browser that could allow the leaking of my information I
would not have signed up in the first place."

Whether or not that's a good reason for a judge to rule on behalf of a
customer is another thing. But I just thought I should try to clarify.

Chris.

--
Don't like reformatting your Outlook replies? Now there's relief!
http://home.in.tum.de/~jain/software/outlook-quotefix/