G'day all,

I've stumbled onto a weird problem after upgrading to Mac OSX 1.3. I had a
script whose echo statement wasn't working so I decided to test the echo (I
should point out that everything else with php is working fine phpinfo()
etc). If I run the following I get nothing returned:

<?php
echo ("hello");
?>
->""

I have spent about an hour looking at this and have found I can't echo
anything with 16 characters or less! It can be over a single line or
multiple lines eg.

<?php
echo("12345678");
echo("12345678");
?>
->""

but

<?php
echo("12345678");
echo("123456789");
?>
->12345678123456789

Am I missing something really obvious here?

cheers

Kim

PS, I'm using Aaron Faby's excellent  PHP Version 4.3.2 build