Matt Palermo wrote:
I am writing a desktop application using PHP-GTK.  I would like this program
to be able to connect to a remote server, call some functions that I
specify, and return the right information (most likely from a MySQL db).  I
have access to the server, so I can create any and all functions that I
want, but I don't know how to connect to the remote server page and get all
the results.  I am new to cross-server comunication programming, so if
anyone knows of a very detailed and easy to learn tutorial please send me
the link.  I would appreciate any help you are willing to offer.

Thanks,

Matt

If the remote server has webserver with php, you can use http protocol to call functions and get the results. You can use one of the http classes that can make both get and post requests in your GTK-PHP app, to return information from the server I would use XML, but you can use other format - csv, or even php code that you will eval()

Keep security in mind!

Marek