""Yasuo Ohgaki"" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
99a7rf$rer$[EMAIL PROTECTED]">news:99a7rf$rer$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> At first find where is libmhash.so.2. Then edit your ld.so.conf.
> Then run ldconfig.

I'm trying this, and I'll get back to you on whether it works.

> Filename and command name may vary, I can't tell since you didn't
> mention your OS.

RedHat Linux.

> Alternatively, you can build into PHP if you have static lib. I prefer
this
> way for non standard libs to make sure web server starts up even
> w/o shared libs.

Okay, do you mean if PHP is compiled as a static module? It's compiled as a
DSO on my box, so this is not an option. I have other modules installed
statically and dynamically, and I'd rather not recompile Apache every time a
new php comes out.

Thanks much for your help. I may need more. :-) I've tried modifying
ld.so.conf on a previous install, and it didn't help.

Dean.