""Yasuo Ohgaki"" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
99a7rf$rer$[EMAIL PROTECTED]">news:99a7rf$rer$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> At first find where is libmhash.so.2. Then edit your ld.so.conf.
> Then run ldconfig.

Well, this seems to have worked. I don't know why it didn't work when I
tried doing it a few years ago -- and I really have no idea why /usr/lib and
/usr/local/lib were not already in ld.so.conf -- is this a RedHat thing? --
'cause those directories seem to be pretty standard for shared libraries.

Thanks for the help.
Dean.