Francesco,

mcrypt_ functions rely on a PHP extension, your syntax look ok, PHP is telling you that it could not load the required extension (module).

the following page from the PHP manual tells more about what you need in order to use mcrypt_ functions:

http://nl2.php.net/manual/en/ref.mcrypt.php

I also noticed that you are trying to use the IDEA encryption algorithm; afaik this is only free for use non-commercial use... although you may not care ;-)

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Hi all,
i've problem with mcrypt_cfb function.
This is the code:

$string = "A simple text string";
$key = "My key";
line 55: $encrypted = mcrypt_cfb(MCRYPT_IDEA, $key, $string, MCRYPT_ENCRYPT); $key = "My key";
line 59: $string = mcrypt_cfb(MCRYPT_IDEA, $key, $encrypted, MCRYPT_DECRYPT);

I've alway this error message:

Warning: mcrypt_cfb(): Module initialization failed in /web/htdocs/www.automationsoft.biz/home/critto.php on line 55
stringa cifrata= Warning: mcrypt_cfb(): Module initialization failed in /web/htdocs/www.automationsoft.biz/home/critto.php on line 59
stringa decifrata=

and I don't know where is the problem..
Is the sintax correct?
I see mcrypt function in PHP manual at www.php.net but I don't find the problem.
Can you explain me how use mcrypt function?

All helps are precious.
Thanks in advance.
Frank
[EMAIL PROTECTED]