I need to use PHP to pull the first page from a Word Document and then
print it to the screen. It doesnt have to be fancy, so even if just the
text is pulled that would be fine (although formatting would be grand
too).

Anyone got any ideas? I cant use the COM object since Im running this on a
linux machine, and I have limited access to installation of 3rd party
software because I am using shared hosting. Classes would rock, or
anything really.

I was thinking about converting it to text somehow, and then just pulling
the first 50 lines or so - but I dont know how to convert it to text...

What do you all think?

Russ Jones