On Sun, 2004-02-15 at 18:28, Russell P Jones wrote:
> I need to use PHP to pull the first page from a Word Document and then
> print it to the screen. It doesnt have to be fancy, so even if just the
> text is pulled that would be fine (although formatting would be grand
> too).

[snip]

> I was thinking about converting it to text somehow, and then just pulling
> the first 50 lines or so - but I dont know how to convert it to text...

Here is a snippet of sample code I have that uses wvWare[1] to display a
Word doc.  You should be able to pass it through shell_exec[2].  It is
not perfect but does a decent job of keeping formatting.

passthru(WV_HTML_PATH . ' "' . FILES_HOME_DIR . $file . '" -');

[1] http://wvware.sourceforge.net/
[2] http://us4.php.net/shell_exec

--
Adam Bregenzer