> Well, you asked for it. The usage of str_replace() is not
> exactly rocket
> science, since the output is not what you expected just
> juggle your search &
> replacement strings until it does what you want.

It's not as if I haven't experimented with different settings, but they
haven't been successful.
In any case, rocket science or not, I was actually looking for advice
that might help me understand the logic behind the command better. I
can't see anything syntactically wrong with the string I have put
forward, so my current assumption is that there is something I don't
understand about how the string input going into the command is parsed
(it comes from a MySQL query), or about how the command interprets line
breaks.

Perhaps someone could offer something a little more concrete than
essentially recommending I just 'try different stuff'.

--
Yoroshiku!
Dave G