--- Justin Palmer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I did not think that PHP supported namespaces?

It doesn't.

> <quote>
> There are lots of other things, of course. One method of learning
> about this would be to take every OO term (encapsulation,
> namespacing, etc.) and find a really good explanation of the term.
> </quote>

Well, some people use objects as a kludge for namespacing. For example,
you can have $myclass->foo() and $yourclass->foo() be two different
things. Of course, the more common kludge is to use strict naming
conventions instead, but this requires more discipline.

I'm not sure, but I'd guess that this is one of the reasons that PEAR
classes are classes.

Chris

=====
Chris Shiflett - http://shiflett.org/