On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 01:57:48 +1000, Justin French
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> [...] My hope
> was that there was such a function to delete empty array elements
> already defined in PHP, but since it appears there isn't, I'll just
> keep including my own from a library file.

How about array_filter()? From the docs: "If the callback function is
not supplied,  array_filter() will remove all the entries of  input
that are equal to FALSE."

  $a = array ('a' => 'foo', 'b' => '', 'c' => null, 'd' => 99, 'e' => 0);
  print_r (array_filter ($a));

// Output:

Array
(
    [a] => foo
    [d] => 99
)

As a previous poster noted, though, this will only work for you if "0"
and the empty string et al. are not significant in your application.

pb

--
paul bissex, e-scribe.com -- database-driven web development
413.585.8095