On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 12:35:46 +0530, Syed Ghouse <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi all
>
> will anybody tell me the difference between perl and php

I'm giving you way too much here....you should just search the web,
I'm sure you can find much more in depth explanations.

Perl is an old, old, incredibly old command-line scripting language
that takes the kitchen-sink perspective, implementing lots of syntaxes
for things and makes it very easy to obfuscate its code. In fact, for
something you can't really get around obfuscating your code. However,
it is very well tested and has been used extensively over the years.
Many developers have created modules that you can download ffor free
from CPAN. Later in its life, people added CGI handlers and connected
Perl to Apache to be a web scripting language.

PHP started out as a web scripting language and has evolved much since
its inception. It is now (with PHP5) very Object friendly (Perl is
absolutely not IMHO) and supported objects well in PHP4 as well. It
has also grown and many people have created modules and code that you
can freely download and use. One place to find high quality code is
PEAR. Another place to find code is phpclasses. PHP has also grown
into a command-line scripting language.

--
DB_DataObject_FormBuilder - The database at your fingertips
http://pear.php.net/package/DB_DataObject_FormBuilder

paperCrane --Justin Patrin--