I have been on a number of lists over the years, as what ever technology
I'm using at the time has demanded.

I would have to say that this list is one of the most curt and
condescending lists I've ever been on.  Perhaps it's because the long
time users don't realize they're being so, (unless of course you read
the FAQ about asking smart questions which they are so happy to throw at
you), or maybe it's because they are so much better at this particular
technology that they don't have to even be civil.

What ever the reason it leaves a bad impression for anyone embracing php
and wanting to gather additional information that can sometimes only be
obtained from an individual with experience and not a book. (imagine
that)

Now I fully expect that some one will come back and say something like,
"Well you don't have to stay on this list" or something equally as
moronic.  Quite frankly I don't care.  Flame away...

Over the last seven months that I have been on this list I have seen the
same questions addressed several times.  Sometimes worded different, but
nothing really new.  Maybe that is what creates such animosity to the
newer members of this list from the older ones.  Then again maybe it's
nothing more than the age old trait of chastising someone else to give
themselves a feeling of importance.

My point is a little temperance goes a lot farther and shows a lot more
than self importance.

BTW.., Yes I'm top posting so go ahead and flame away for that too.

alex hogan

The contents of this e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and
intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. The
views stated herein do not necessarily represent the view of the company. If you are
not the intended recipient of this e-mail you may not copy, forward, disclose, or
otherwise use it or any part of it in any form whatsoever. If you have received this
e-mail in error please e-mail the sender.