"Curt Zirzow" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>* Thus wrote Sam Hobbs:
>> It took me a while to find an explanation of what a PECL is. I kept
>> reading
>> comments about things being moved to a PECL but I saw nothing about what
>> is
>> in a PECL or how to get anything out of a (the?) PECL. As far as I knew,
>> there is a danger of all of PHP being in a PECL.
>
> There is documentation on the way for what to do with these PECL
> extension on how to install and upgrade them.

Perhaps you did not read everything I said, since there is more to what I
said than what you quoted, and in the other part of what I said, I did say
there is documentation as you say. Is that more or less muddy?

So in other words, yes, there is documentation. The point I was making is
that the documentation is not as easy to find as it could be. So the issue
is not about use of PECL as much as it is use of the PHP documentation to
find the PECL (documentation).