----- Original Message -----
From: "John Nichel" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, September 20, 2004 7:06 AM
Subject: Re: [PHP] List Etiquette

> Octavian Rasnita wrote:
> <snip>
> > In other words it's easier for you to reach your Delete key when you top
> > post than when you bottom post ???
> > --
> >
> > Ok, I have bottom posted, and have trimmed the end of the message. But
this
> > was a little text only, while the header of this message is still there,
and
> > it is bigger.
> > Well, I said that is harder to delete the head of the message and then
go to
> > the end and delete the tail also.
> > That's why is easier to trim the message when top posting.
> >
> > It would be easier for everyone if everyone would use Outlook Express
and
> > not many other email clients that use a different style of headers they
put
> > in the message, or that put the cursor in other positions by default.
> >
> > But most users use Outlook Express as the email client, and not other
> > programs...
> > And this not only because it is included by default in Windows, but
because
> > for some features it is the best program, like the accessibilitty for
the
> > blind for example.
>
> Most use Outlook or Outlook Express?  I think you'd be hard pressed to
> find _most_ users of a mailing list which deals with something in the
> Open Source Community (like php) using a Microsoft mailer.  Most of the
> newbies, probably; but the people who are on this list, day in and day
> out, are more than likely not...even if they are using a Microsoft OS.
> However, the, "my mail client puts the cursor at the top" is still a
> pretty weak reason to top post.

Why is it a pretty weak reason? I found it a very big one.
You don't know how easy is to use an email client when you can't read but
just listen to a robotic voice made by the computer. ...or you probably
don't care. Well, in that case, why should I care that you don't like top
posting?

See, I have bottom posted this time. So? The trimmed part at the end of the
message is much smaller than the one from the top of the message, so bottom
posting doesn't help trimming the message as you said.

Teddy