On Mon, 20 Sep 2004 15:54:40 -0700 (PDT), Chris Shiflett
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> If you really want to use this list to distribute something that you think
> might be interesting to the subscribers, please use a few lines of your
> signature. As long as you're a legitimate participant, you will eventually
> send a meaningful email to the list, and your signature will be seen.

Obviously I did think it was interesting, or I wouldn't have posted.
And as it turns out other subscribers thought it was interesting too,
I now have no free GMail accounts left.  All were given to php-general
subscribers in no time flat.  Imagine that.  I try to be generous and
people treat me like I killed someone.  Whatever.

BTW, RFC 1855 says 4 lines for a signature.

--
Greg Donald
http://gdconsultants.com/